Breaking News!

The Bayhawk Bearer

The Student News Site of Bellingham High School

The Bayhawk Bearer

The Bayhawk Bearer

American Flag at a Low Angle
Memorial Day 2024
June 3, 2024
Battle of the Bands
Battle of the Bands
June 3, 2024
Mother and Child under a Beautiful Sunset
Mother's Day 2024
May 20, 2024
close up photo of bumble bee on pink petaled flower
World Bee Day
May 20, 2024

Thank You and Goodbye

Dear readers,

It’s been such a great experience to have been able to serve as Chief Editors for the Bayhawk Bearer these past few years, and we are so grateful to those of you who have taken the time to read our paper. It hasn’t always been easy, so thank you to everyone who helped us along the way.

Thank you to Ms. Herta, our advisor, for taking up the position in the first place and for always letting us know what resources were available to us as student journalists.

Thank you to Principal Atkins, for being so enthusiastic about the paper from the get-go and for helping us get everything we needed in order to make this organization run smoothly.

Thank you to everyone who gave us their signatures so we could complete the paperwork to get recognized as an official club.

Thank you to our staff who put up with our rocky start last year, and to our staff who committed themselves to producing quality work throughout this year. The Bayhawk Bearer couldn’t run without you.

Thank you to my co-president and co-founder Skyla Otto, who was integral to getting the Bayhawk Bearer off the ground and in print.

Lastly, but most certainly not least, thank you to Carina McDonald and Trinity Kerr, who will be taking over as Chief Editors for the Bayhawk Bearer after Skyla and I graduate.

Watching this paper come to life has been incredible, and I’m so glad that all of you have been able to witness that journey alongside us. I look forward to seeing how the Bayhawk Bearer develops in the coming years under new leadership, and I hope that you all will continue to support the paper as it grows.

Sincerely,

Jones Walther